Comfort food is my specialty and one of my favorite recipes to share with family and friends. This quick and easy turkey BBQ chili recipe is, hands-down, my favorite comfort food recipe EVER! No matter what meat variations I add (Italian sausage, ground beef, etc.) or extra veggies thrown in, it is BOMB!
I know there are a million chili recipes in this world. Everyone has a sentimental “favorite” chili version that has a special family tradition behind it, or takes you back to a certain memory.
This chili recipe is one of my Dad’s specialties and will always be one of my favorites just because of that!
This one pot meal is simple to throw together for an easy weeknight meal for the family, Super Bowl parties, cozy fall tailgate parties, and more!
Prepare the Ingredients
Grab your large soup pot or dutch oven and add your choice of oil and heat it up to medium heat.
Chop your peppers and onions into small bite size pieces while the pot/dutch oven is heating.
Sauté peppers and chopped onion to the point that the onion is soft and translucent.
Add in your ground turkey and cook until the ground turkey is no longer pink.
Season with garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cook ground turkey until it is cooked through.
Other ingredients: mustard, bbq sauce, Grillin’ beans, kidney and black beans, tomato puree, green chilis and diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce.
Simmer on low for at least an hour…or the longer the better!
BBQ Turkey Chili Recipe
- Large pot or Dutch Oven
- 3 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red pepper and yellow pepper chopped
- 1 15 oz. can of Bush's Smokehouse Grillin' Beans (I used Bourbon & Brown Sugar)
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz. can of Bush's dark kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp ground red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 small can of chopped green chilis and diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 small can of Hunts tomato puree
- 5 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Sauté your peppers and chopped onion until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add in your ground turkey and cook until it is no longer pink.
- Season with garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in mustard, bbq sauce, Grillin' beans, kidney beans, black beans, tomato puree, green chilis and diced tomatoes, and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer on low for at least an hour…or the longer the better!
|The nutrition label used for this blog post was generated by VeryWellFit Recipe Nutrition Calculator.|
The Nutrition values listed are only an estimate and should not be counted as the final nutrition values.
Please make your own calculations based on the actual ingredients you use when making this recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Tell me how you enjoyed the BBQ chili recipe and how you made it your own! I want to know! For more recipes follow M & Bee Blog.