I have not left my house in about 2 weeks #socialdistancing, and had a hankering recently for the famous Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites. The only catch is, I am staying vigilant to not venture out into the world and decided I would try to make my own. Can I create these egg bites as good as Starbucks? Let’s find out!
This post contains affiliate links. View disclosure.
Full disclosure – I have tried to make these before. The problem I ran into was not blending the egg and cottage cheese mixture completely smooth and it was still lumpy.
You really want the mixture to be fluffy, aerated, and smooth so the eggs can “fluff” up. This two ingredient egg bite is the perfect foundation for any filling combo you want!
Cheese and ham – go for it! Green onion and red pepper, why not? The possibilities are endless.
Pin the image below and save this recipe for later!
Full Recipe: Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites – Starbucks Copycat
Follow along and let me show you a step-by-step tutorial on how I prepare easy Instant Pot sous vide egg bites in my 6-quart Instant Pot.
Step-by-step recipe below
This recipe is perfect for a quick breakfast, easy brunch, or kid friendly meal everyone will love.
Instant Pot Sous Vide Egg Bites – Starbucks Copycat
- Instant Pot
- 2 silicone egg molds
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup Fat free cottage cheese
- Fillings of your choice!
- Add 1 cup water to Instant Pot and place a trivet at the bottom of the pot. You can use the trivet that came with your Instant Pot or use the silicone trivet I am using in the instructional photos above.
- Add eggs and cottage cheese to a blender or use a hand mixer. You really want to break up the eggs and cottage cheese as smoothly as possible with no lumps in the mixture. I used a hand mixer and it took me about 5 minutes of whisking.
- Add your chosen toppings now to the mixture and combine. I enjoy adding cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- In your two silicone egg bite molds, add the tiniest bit of olive oil at the bottom of each compartment. You need enough to coat each one, and make sure there is not left over olive oil at the bottom.
- Evenly pour your egg mixture into each compartment of your silicone molds and fill about 3/4 of the way. Do not fill to the top as your egg mixture might rise while in instant pot. Firmly place silicone egg mold top on the silicone mold or use foil if a top did not come with your silicone mold
- Stack molds on top of each other in Instant Pot, on top of the trivet already in the Instant Pot. I can fit two molds in my 6 quart Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and be sure that the vent is set to sealing. Press the MANUAL button and set the timer to 14 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, allow the pressure to naturally release for at least 10 minutes, and then release any remaining pressure before opening the Instant Pot.
The Nutrition values listed are only an estimate and should not be counted as the final nutrition values.
Please make your own calculations based on the actual ingredients you use when making this recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Tell me how you enjoyed the recipe and how you made it your own! I want to know! For more recipes, visit my recipe tab for details.