Comfort food is my specialty and my favorite recipes to share with family and friends. This quick and easy BBQ turkey chili recipe is, hands-down, my favorite comfort food recipe EVER! No matter what meat variations I add (Italian sausage, ground beef, etc.) or extra veggies thrown in, it is BOMB!
I know there are a million chili recipes in this world. Everyone has a sentimental “favorite” chili version that has a special family tradition behind it, or takes you back to a certain memory.
This chili recipe is one of my Dad’s specialties and will always be one of my favorites just because of that!
Read more for the recipe details…
*This post is not sponsored and no affiliate links were used, view full disclosure here.
BBQ Turkey Chili Recipe
- 3 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 red pepper and yellow pepper chopped
- 1 15 oz. can of Bush's Smokehouse Grillin' Beans (I used Bourbon & Brown Sugar)
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz. can of Bush's dark kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup of bbq sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp ground red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 small can of chopped green chilis and diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 small can of Hunts tomato puree
- 5 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Sauté your peppers and chopped onion until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add in your ground turkey and cook until it is no longer pink.
- Season with garlic, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in mustard, bbq sauce, Grillin' beans, kidney beans, black beans, tomato puree, green chilis and diced tomatoes, and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer on low for at least an hour…or the longer the better!
Tell me how you enjoyed the chili recipe and how you made it your own! I want to know! For more recipes follow M & Bee Blog.
mandbee.com sometimes contains paid advertising and contextual affiliate links where a commission is received for sale of products linked in a post. If a post is sponsored, it is explicitly noted within the post. I partner with brands and products I am passionate about and appreciate your support in making the blog possible!